In all seriousness, this simple 3-minute routine done daily (preferably twice daily!) could make a big difference for you, especially now while we are taking a short break. It's a great time to make new good habits and stick to them!
1. Looking down (flexion), looking up (extension)
2. Side bending, ear toward shoulder - Right and Left (lateral flexion)*
3. Looking over your shoulder, "checking your blind spot" - Right and Left (rotation)
*Bonus! For the advanced version, you can add in a "super stretch" for your side bending to accentuate the trapezius. See the video for more details!
4. Touch your toes (flexion), arch backwards (extension)
5. Side bending, slide hand down leg - Right and Left (lateral flexion)*
6. Spinal Twist - rotating and holding for a count of 2. Repeat 5x each side.
*Bonus! For the advanced version, you can stretch your opposite arm over your head!
And, finally... here is a .pdf link to explain these in more detail. Many people print and put it on their bathroom mirror. Making spinal hygiene part of your morning routine may be just what the doctor ordered!
Wishing you much health and wellness!
Dr. Matt McCann
Owner and Chiropractor at McCann Family Chiropractic. Walking this journey of life with you, on our path to wellness!
11605 State Avenue, Suite 111
Marysville, WA 98271
What Our Clients Are Saying
"Awesome office! Dr. Matt is such an amazing and trustworthy person. It is the main reason I travel to see him. Once you find a good place it is really hard to go away from that..."
-Loren, 5-Star Facebook Review